Friday, March 4, 2011

Moving House


They say that that moving house is the third most traumatic life event after a death in the family and divorce. In the past two years I have moved five times. Some people use moving house as a time to spring clean their belongings and get rid things no longer use. Whilst this may have been my goal on more than one occasion, the event usually involves too many green bags filled with odd ends and speedily stuffing my life into anything that will transport it.

So, lucky for me, I have just moved again. This move has been a bit different. This time I have packed up most of my life to store in the garage of my mother’s house and only kept out the things I use every day to take to my boyfriend’s house. Though I love having a full wardrobe to choose from, I have found the decision on what to wear each day has become much easier and less time consuming. It is almost like being on a bit of a holiday...

I am fortunate enough to have some of the most wonderful (and patient) people in my life who have been there to help me along the way. Special note to Carissa - what a pocket rocket! That lady has more strength than men twice her size and ute tray tetris skills to boot! 


Ever since I was a little girl I have relished in the excitement of opening my eyes on the first morning in a new bedroom. That slight confusion and disorientation followed by the thrill of new surroundings makes it all worth it.

image SOURCE: Babyccino Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment